Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chickwagon Casserole

Okay, I have to admit it, I hate casseroles.  I detest them.  My family loves them so occasionally I make a casserole for them to enjoy.  Tonight we tried chuckwagon casserole.  They loved it.  I thought it was okay, for a casserole.
Chuckwagon Casserole               
  
INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Onion Chopped
1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers Chopped
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1 ounce Mild Chili Beans In Sauce
3/4 cup Barbecue Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 package Cornmeal Muffin Mix
1 can Mexican Style Corn Drained            

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. Chop onion and bell pepper. In frying pan cook and stir ground beef, onion & bell pepper over medium heat 8- 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili beans, barbecue sauce and salt. Bring to a boil. Spoon into a 9" square baking pan. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions; stir in corn. Spoon over meat mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment