Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Big Pot of Chili

Tonight we had chili.  I will try my best to give you my chili recipe.  Every pot is different.  I just add a little of this and a little of that.  It always turns out great.
Chili
6 servings


Ingredients
1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp thyme
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes, with their juice
1 large can of tomato sauce
2 tbsp hot sauce
Directions
Brown the ground beef.  Add the onions, garlic, and spices to the ground beef and cook until onions are softened.  Add all of the remaining ingredients ans simmer.  You can simmer this for as long or as little as you want.  I find that 2-3 hours gives the best flavor.


A nice warm cinnamon roll always goes really well with a pot of chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment