Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ribs Again?!?!?

At least once a month I have to make ribs for my family.  Tonight  I did a variation of the rib recipe I previously posted. See recipe. I added a tablespoon of both instant coffee granules and cocoa powder.  The ribs were good, but I like them much better without the coffee and cocoa.


Alongside the ribs, I served creamed corn and caramelized sweet potatoes.  The creamed corn was just the stuff from a can mixed with a can of whole kernel corn, drained.  I used a recipe from Emeril Lagasse for the guidelines to my sweet potatoes.


Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Servings: 8
Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and diced to 1" squares
spiced glaze (see below)

For spiced glaze:
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup molasses
1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
1/8 teaspoons ground allspice
1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup water
Instructions
Combine the sugar, cane syrup, molasses, corn syrup, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl and mix well. In another bowl, dissolve the mustard in the water, then add to the spice mixture. Blend well. Use immediately or store in an air tight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Will keep for 2 weeks.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 2-quart glass rectangular baking dish with butter. Toss the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl with the glaze to coat evenly. Pour them into the prepared pan and roast until fork-tender, about 1 hour. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment